Example of Keyboard Interaction in ASP.NET MVC Tabs Control
This demo showcases the keyboard shortcuts applicable on
Below key combinations can be used in Tabs to initiate various actions.
Alt + J
- Focuses on the first component of the demo.
- Moves focus to the first Tab.
- Moves focus to the last Tab.
Down arrow or Up arrow
- When the popup is open and focused, it will move to previous/next Tab items of the popup in the vertical direction.
- Moves focus to the previous Tab. If focus is on the first Tab, the focus will not move to any Tab.
- Moves focus to the next Tab. If focus is on the last Tab element, the focus will not move to any Tab.
Enter or Space
- Selects the Tab if it is not selected. Opens the popup dropdown icon if it is focussed. Select the Tab item as active when popup item is focussed.
- Closes the popup if popup is in opened state.
- Deletes the Tab, if close button is enabled in Tab header.
Shift + F10
- If popup mode is enabled, it opens the popup when the Tab is focused.