The Document Editor component is used to create, edit, view, and print Word documents in web applications. All the user interactions and editing operations that run purely in the client-side provides much faster editing experience to the users.
- Opens the native
Syncfusion Document Text (*.sfdt) format documents in the client-side.
- Saves the documents in the client-side as
Syncfusion Document Text (*.sfdt) and
Word document (*.docx).
- Supports document elements like text, inline image, table, fields, bookmark, section, header, and footer.
- Supports the commonly used fields like hyperlink, page number, page count, and table of contents.
- Supports formats like text, paragraph, bullets and numbering, table, page settings, etc.
- Provides support to create, edit, and apply paragraph and character styles.
- Provides support to find and replace text within the document.
- Supports all the common editing and formatting operations along with undo and redo.
- Provides support to cut, copy, and paste rich text contents within the component. Also allows pasting simple text to and from other applications.
- Allows user interactions like zoom, scroll, select contents through touch, mouse, and keyboard.
- Provides intuitive UI options like context menu, dialogs, and navigation pane.
- Localizes all the static text to any desired language.
- Allows to create a lightweight Word viewer using module injection to view and prints Word documents.
- Provides a server-side helper assembly to open the Word documents like DOCX, DOC, WordML, RTF, and Text, by converting it to SFDT file format.