16 Sep 2021 / 1 minute to read
The DropDownList control contains a list of predefined values from which a single value can be chosen. The functionality of DropDownList resembles the SELECT form element of HTML. When an arrow icon accompanied with this control is pressed, the dropdown displays a list of values from which you can select one.
- Data binding - Allows binding and accessing the list of items from local or server-side data source.
- Grouping - Supports grouping of logically related items under a single or specific category.
- Sorting - Supports sorting of list items in an alphabetical order (either ascending or descending).
- Filtering - Allows filtering of list items based on a character typed into the search box.
- Templates - Allows customizing the list items, selected value, header, footer, category group header, and no records content.
- Accessibility - Provided with built-in accessibility support that helps to access all the DropDownList control features through the keyboard, screen readers, or other assistive technology devices.