Document Management in ASP.NET MVC DocumentEditor control
28 Jul 2021 / 2 minutes to read
Document Editor provides support to restrict editing. When the protected document includes range permission, then unique user or user group only authorized to edit separate text area.
Set current user
You can use the
currentUser property to authorize the current document user by name, email, or user group name.
The following code shows how to set currentUser
container.documentEditor.currentUser = 'firstname.lastname@example.org';
Highlighting the text area
You can highlight the editable region of the current user using the
The following code shows how to set userColor.
container.documentEditor.userColor = '#fff000';
Restrict Editing Pane
Restrict Editing Pane provides the following options to manage the document:
- To apply formatting restrictions to the current document, select the allow formatting check box.
- To apply editing restrictions to the current document, select the read only check box.
- To add users to the current document, select more users option and add user from the popup dialog.
- To include range permission to the current document, select parts of the document and choose users who are allowed to freely edit them from the listed check box.
- To apply the chosen editing restrictions, click the YES,START ENFORCING PROTECTION button. A dialog box displays asking for a password to protect.
- To stop protection, select STOP PROTECTION button. A dialog box displays asking for a password to stop protection.